Sunday, August 10, 2014

The family that mountain bikes together...

Look! No hill!

I'm extremely proud of my wife. I love her to death. (Hers, not mine.)

A year ago, she was fresh off of shoulder surgery. Watching her go through that experience, I would advise anyone to do as much rehab as they can before "choosing" to have a surgery that will really, really f*ck them up for at least six months.

Possibly a full year.

But it gets better. Look at her now, riding a real mountain bike in an area that's quickly becoming the mountain biking mecca of the US. Go Barb!

Unauthorized image

The only issue we face as a team is this: I always get into trouble for not perfectly describing all the hills and then communicating exactly how Barb's body will react to them. Mostly because it's her body, not mine. And mine has become friends with these hills.

Here's a sampling of some of our riding dialogue:

"Is it a big hill?"

"Yes."

"Big for you?"

"Nah."

One minute passes.

"It is a big hill!"

"Ok, then it's a big hill."

"Why are you lying to me?!!"

I love my wife. And I love riding with her. But I hope that someday, someone will be able to explain to her that the flattest stretch in the greater Asheville area is approximately three-feet long - and it's not my fault. 

By the way, this next hill isn't really a hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment