Friday, August 1, 2014

When the going gets dumb, the dumb turn PolPro



Obviously, this is an epic PolPro fail. But for those of you who don't ride bikes, you'll get a feel for what it's like to go around 40 miles per hour.

On a god damn bike.

This is Spivey Mountain, which is about three miles west of our house. It took me 19 minutes and 40 seconds to climb up and two minutes and 40 seconds to fly down.

Good stuff, indeed.

With 1:04 left, you'll hear me yell, "Woo!"

That's a shout-out to a few guys I passed on the way up.

One of my favorite things about Asheville is how you can just start talking to people. No one gives a shit if they don't know you, they'll just jump right into a conversation. I don't know if it's the mountains or what, but you're able to form immediate friendships here.

I'm sure I'll be seeing those guys again. At both 0.5 mph on the way up and 40 mph on the way down.

No comments:

Post a Comment