Sunday, June 22, 2014

Great weekend in Asheville: Part 1

"He made it!"

I work from home. I'm really good at it.

In fact, I'm so good at working from home, I can do it with my eyes closed. And only rarely do I need a shirt.

Ask my neighbors. It's true.

But every once in a while, I need to dock with the mother ship.

So, I spent last week in Cleveland. Not to brag, but I dig my job. And the team I work with is awesome.

Thursday

Last Thursday, my team and I went to a Cleveland Indians baseball game. The Tribe won in dramatic fashion: A grand slam with two outs in the bottom of the 10th!

Right before that happened, I finally spoke up about the lack of representation in the upper deck of right field. I announced to everyone within earshot that since I had family in Cleveland, and that I had worked in the greater Cleveland area for the last eight years, I needed to do something about it.

I might have had to jump a few "thingies" to get there, but as one of my co-workers said, "He made it!"

Friday

Early Friday morning, I flew back home. When I landed and made it out the front door of the airport, I found myself pumping my fists like - oh, I don't know - maybe a baseball player rounding third after hitting a grand slam with two outs in the bottom of the 10th.

My wonderful wife picked me up at the airport and I finished the day working diligently.

That's just how I roll. In a diligent manner.

But when 5 o'clock comes around, I like to let my hair down. So we headed to a free street concert on a totally cool old-school street downtown.

I'm not going to post any of the pictures I took because they suck.

Saturday

On Saturday, we took a walk down to the Hominy Creek Greenway. Regular readers will notice this as my regular running route.

C-Mo

Lula Bird

Sunday

Today we went for a hike off the Blue Ridge Parkway. We left Lula at home (Spring & Molly's) and took Cricket the Mountain Dog with us.

There are so many good photos, I'm going to need three posts to make it through all of them.

Here's one.

Another waterfall!

As a bonus, I want to make sure you know there's a downtown area here in Asheville.

For some reason, that's important to me right now.

Downtown Asheville

Check back soon for Part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment