Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Raft-a-mundo!

The French Broad River

When we moved to Asheville, I officially stated on this blog that I was going to make an effort to be more social.

You know, hang out with people and such.

Thankfully, Asheville is one of the easiest places to meet people on the entire planet. Everyone is so relaxed. In a big way.

Even the dudes with guns.

I don't think there's a better place to reboot your life. Not only are the people great - almost everybody would rather play outside than work inside - but the weather is fantastic.

Fan.Tas.Tic.

Please don't tell anyone

Unfortunately, the secret is getting out. Asheville is starting to become extremely popular. United recently announced more direct flights from Chicago, it's the hometown of the new American Idol, and it seems like newspaper and magazine editors - even the ladies - get stiff boners when they think about us.

And if the president moves here, it's all over.

But the best thing about Asheville is Madeline Avenue. In just six months, all our neighbors have become close friends of ours.

Which brings me to our awesome neighbor Spring who worked/works for Blue Heron Whitewater Rafting. Spring is awesome. When we asked her about a family rafting trip, she took care of everything.

So when our family came to town last weekend, it was time to ride some waves.

Good stuff

Sometimes things get a little dicey and your sister-in-law takes a header into the river, becoming a member of the French Broad River Swim Team.

Take a look at that foot over my shoulder. 

Woman overboard!

Outstanding.

Concerned wife, bro-in-law, neighbor

A Team

That's all I've got. I don't think I could love Asheville, my family, or my neighbors more than I do right now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment