Sunday, January 19, 2014

54 Madeline Ave

Home

Wow. I was pretty emotional today. It was the most emotional day I've experienced in a long time. 

It felt like I was trapped in a Cure song.

Now that I no longer live in Chicago, I find myself missing friends who left for New York and LA years ago. Or others who still live in Chicago, who I haven't seen or hung out with because of my extreme anti-socialness over the past few years. 

Eh, call it a decade.

I'm definitely going to work on being more social here in Asheville. Hopefully, I won't sweat too much. Those two kind of seem to go together for me.

The thing that seems to be tearing away at me is that the Annoyance and io are going Big Time, and I won't be a part of that. There was a time when I basically lived at those theatres. 

But no longer. Regardless, I'm forever thankful to those institutions and the people who are a part of them. And no one knows what the future holds. Hell, the Annoyance now teaches classes in Brooklyn!

In the meantime, I'll try to slow down, go out into the world of people more, and figure out how to best channel my creative impulses. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Oh yeah, if I didn't say goodbye, well, remember who you're dealing with.

Love,
Scoop


No comments:

Post a Comment