Saturday, January 25, 2014

The roof is not on fire

Big thanks to Pop & Kat Skupien 
for the new metal roof!

Though our house is still a massive work in progress, I had to get out and take my first bike ride in Asheville today. I hit two trails within 20 minutes! The hills here are amazing.

Unfortunately, minute 21 sucked, because it ended in a flat tire. So we're going to leave bike riding for another day and talk about...

Our new roof.

We love it! And it's metal. How about that?

Take that Metallica! ...Kind of

When Barb and I decided to move to Asheville, we came back down to look for a house and fell in love with 54 Madeline Ave. Unfortunately, we found out it had roof issues and needed new windows. We sadly watched it float into a price level above our means.

Fortunately, I have the greatest parents in the world. After they grilled us about the house for a few minutes, my dad basically said, "If it's the right house, we'll buy you a new roof and new windows."

Are you kidding? Talk about removing roadblocks.

So here we are. A few leaks later, we can mark this project "Complete."

New roof: Project complete

We've never had a metal roof before. We think it's pretty cool.

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love your house Scoop! It looks like theres lots of sunny spaces for growing a big ass garden too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new roof, Scoop! Metal roofing always has a spot in my heart. They just seem more attractive and appropriate, compared to other roofing styles like shingles. I'm glad you went with that style. I hope you and your family are enjoying the new roof. All the best! :)

    Fredda Dangelo @ Accurate Roofing and Siding

    ReplyDelete