Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Asheville craftsman extraordinaire

Marty Poirier
Owner/Craftsman

Meet Marty, the craftsman extraordinaire who made our bed.

We've had a Sleep Number mattress for about seven years and we love it. It's like a part of our family, though now I'm realizing it doesn't have a name and no one has ever said a word to it.

I've never thought about that. Do you think I should say something tonight? Do you think it thinks we're rude?

Anyway, when we realized our existing frame wasn't going to fit in our new bedroom, Barb searched for a local craftsman in Asheville, NC and found Marty.

Marty's originally from Florida. But as he told me, "No one in Florida is from Florida anymore."

So he moved to Asheville.

Now he lives in an awesome place and can join the rest of us as we all make fun of Florida.

I'll be straight-forward, if you're looking for a woodworker in Asheville, Marty is your guy. Not only is he really nice, he creates works of art that are also functional pieces of furniture.

For example, our bed - which is made of cherry and will darken with time - has 12 drawers underneath because we don't have that much closet space. 12 of 'em!

Note the professional-like photography

I'll admit, reading about someone else's bed probably isn't that riveting. Unless you're moving to Asheville, looking for a great woodworker in Asheville, and you care about SEO.

Asheville.

But I like Marty and I wanted to give him a shout-out for crafting us such a fine sleeping vessel.

Your reward for making it this far

Sleep tight, y'all!

1 comment: