Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Fairyville, USA

"You're going to keep bees? 
I can help you with that!"

Our good friend Carrie recently told Barb, "I think you guys live in Fairyville."

I agree.

Example
Yesterday Cricket, Lula, and I walked around the block to Malvern Hills Park. Being the super-social guy he is, when Cricket saw two dogs running around in the tennis court, he had to go meet them.

There we met Auggie and Fred. And Auggie and Fred's parents, but this story isn't about them.

Because we also met Lauren, a 10-year-old who lives in the hood who absolutely loves dogs.

Within about a minute, Lauren asked me, "Can I pick Lula up?"

Of course you can.

While we were all hanging out, mostly watching Cricket and Auggie play fetch, Lauren told us that she just made cards for her dog walking business. She checked her jacket, but was kind of shocked to realize that she couldn't find any.

They must have fallen out while she was sledding on the half-inch of snow! Three inches if you ask my wife - who clearly hadn't been outside before making her estimate.

About 15 minutes later I was back at my desk, working diligently. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door!

After a decade in a condo, we're still getting used to that.

Cards: Found
It was Lauren.

"I found my cards!" she said as she smiled at me.

I couldn't help but notice her confidence. She's awesome.

"They were in the inside pocket. Nice to meet you again!"

With that, she was off. Probably to get in the last few sledding runs in the park before the snow is gone. All three feet of it.

In Fairyville.


No comments:

Post a Comment