Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Sunday in Old Fort

The covered bridge of Old Fort

On Sunday, we took a ride out to Painters Greenhouse in Old Fort, NC.

A friend told us the good folks at Painters grow veggies, ferns (lots of them), trees, plants, and all sorts of other greenish stuff on-site. We had to investigate.

Because it's time. We're behind! Spring has sprung!

At Painters, no shipping = no mark-up to cover for shipping costs. Plus, employees learn how to grow organic food from the ground up. Love it.

So, off we went. Up a mountain pass and then way, way down. About 30 miles east.

If I'd have known how beautiful the valley is out there, I would have brought my camera. It was crazy.

Are those cookies?

We arrived. Rows and rows and rows of... everything that's green that grows in a giant cold frame.

Then we went inside the year-round area. Cookies, good music, nice people. At a greenhouse?

Crazy.

Don't tell my wife, but I gamed the refreshment stand and was able to make off with about 20 cookies.


That's all I have to say about Fairyville for now. 

Until next time, when I'll introduce you to Charles & Gail Dowis. We met them today.

Charles grew up in our house during World War II.


No comments:

Post a Comment