Monday, April 14, 2014

The bees of West Asheville

West Asheville carpenter bee

Wow, the title of this blog sounds like a Broadway show, doesn't it? The Bees of West Asheville: Starring Ashton Kutcher!

Even though they won't be hitting The Great White Way any time soon, the bees around here really are amazing.

"They're as big as my fist," said some guy with small wrists.

See what a responsible blogger I am? Even though I completely made that quote up, I admitted it.

Now I can quote Small McWristguy as a reputable West Asheville bee source.

Anyhoo, the bee below is pretty lucky that Cricket was relaxing. Two weeks ago, he hunted down a mole and killed it. Right in our own backyard.

Mountain dawg

So we added Killer to his long list of nicknames.

As far as I know, he hasn't eaten any bees yet. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment